Ownership of the Website: www.RodArts.com
This website is owned and operated by RodArts, operating as RodArts a company registered in Canada. All aspects of the site, including the content and design are protected by copyright. These images are protected by Canadian, United States and other international copyright laws and have been digitally watermarked for the protection of our content providers.
CHECKOUT: We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
– Send you important account/order/service information.
– Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
– Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
– Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
– Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
– Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
– Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
– If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
General use of Content
The photographs, images, illustrations, fonts, graphics and any other such digital material featured on our website are collectively referred to as “content”. The content is available on this website for you to review in order for you to determine their viability for using, reproducing, transmitting or displaying under a license from RodArts You must obtain a license from RodArts before you can reproduce, display, transmit, distribute or otherwise exploit content, or any portion thereof, in any manner, including, without limitation, print or electronic reproduction, publication or any display of content.
General Restrictions as to use
The following uses are prohibited: Use of Content beyond the terms of the limited license agreement without first obtaining additional license(s), including but not limited to any electronic reproduction or additional promotional rights.
· Create any derivative use of any Content unless indicated on the invoice.
· Sublicense, re-license, rent or lease any of the Content.
· Use of the Content in a manner that is defamatory, pornographic or obscene, whether directly or in context or juxtaposition with specific subject matter.
· Use of the Content in any way that violates a depicted person’s right of privacy or publicity, or to infringe on any trade name, trademark or service mark.
· Archive, republish or transmit any images on any database or to a network or bulletin board or otherwise distribute or allow any of the Content to be distributed to or used by anyone other than the authorized users, without prior written consent from THE COMPANY.
· Use of any Content in any electronic template or application, including those that are Web-based, where the purpose is to create multiple impressions of an electronic or printed product, including, but not limited to, Web site designs, presentation templates, electronic greeting cards, business cards or any other electronic or printed matter without obtaining a license for such purpose.
· Use of the Content to promote a business that sells or licenses photographic images, or otherwise competes with RodArts in any manner.
· Ship, transfer or export any of the Content into any country or use any of the Content in any manner prohibited by any export laws, restrictions or regulations.
THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND RODARTS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT ITS IMAGES OR WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
While RodArts uses reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of all Content, it makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, correctness or reliability of the Content. In addition, RodArts is unable to make representations or warranties as to the functionality of this website, whether it is free of errors, and whether the server hosting the website is free of viruses and other harmful material. Accordingly, you acknowledge that your use of this website is at your own risk. RodArts, and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, licensors and representatives, will not be responsible or liable for any damages of any kind including, without limitation, lost business or profits, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, compensatory, exemplary, special or punitive damages that may result from your access to or use of either this website or the Content.
RODARTS GIVES NO RIGHTS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF NAMES, TRADEMARK, LOGO TYPES, REGISTERED OR COPYRIGHTED DESIGNS OR WORKS OF ART DEPICTED IN ANY IMAGE, AND THE USER MUST SATISFY ITSELF THAT ALL NECESSARY RIGHTS, CONSENTS OR PERMISSION AS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR REPRODUCTION ARE SECURED. THE COMPANY IDENTIFIED THE CAPTION FOR EACH IMAGE TO THE BEST OF ITS ABILITY, BUT CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRONEOUS OR INCOMPLETE CAPTION INFORMATION. NO MODEL RELEASES OR OTHER RELEASES EXIST ON ANY IMAGES UNLESS THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH RELEASE IS SPECIFIED IN WRITING BY THE COMPANY.
DIGITAL FILES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” RODARTS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY OF IMAGE, OR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY COMPUTER HARDWARE OR OTHER EQUIPMENT, OPERATING SYSTEM OR SOFTWARE PROGRAM. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES THAT THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RODARTS OR THE OWNER OF THE IMAGES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THIS SITE OR FROM YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE IMAGES ON THIS SITE. IN ANY EVENT, THE LIMIT OF LIABILITY OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OF THE IMAGE AND RODARTS SHALL BE THE FEE PAID FOR THE IMAGE TO RODARTS.
Unauthorized use and Retroactive License Fee
Any use of Content in a manner not expressly authorized by this Agreement or in breach of a term of this Agreement constitutes copyright infringement, entitling RODARTS to exercise all rights and remedies available to it under copyright laws around the world. USER shall be responsible for any damages resulting from any such copyright infringement, including any claims by a third party. In addition and without prejudice to RODARTS other remedies under this Agreement, RODARTS reserves the right to charge and USER agrees to pay a fee equal to ten times RODARTS normal license fee for use of the Content .
We may provide links from www.rodarts.com or www.roderickjstewart.com website to other websites that may be of interest to you. Since RodArts has no control over these other sites, we cannot be responsible for either the availability of any linked sites or any content contained therein. Our links to other sites does not constitute an endorsement and is simply for your convenience.
While you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself in connection with licensing reproduction rights to our images, we will only use this information in granting licenses to you. We may also send you by email or otherwise information about new products, services or other promotions which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, you may either modify your registration or account profile or contact us at email@example.com, or Tel 250-882-3339. RodArts does not share any information you provide us with anyone other than what is necessary to process your order via the secure PayPal transaction service. Termination
RODARTS reserves the right to terminate any license issued by it without notice if you or your employer fails to comply with any provision of this agreement or any license agreement issued by RODARTS . Upon termination, you and your employer must immediately stop using the Content, delete the Content and all copies from all magnetic media and destroy all other copies. RODARTS reserves the right to discontinue the use of any Content for any reason and elect to replace the Content with an alternate Image. Upon notice of any discontinuance of the use of a particular Content, you, your employer and your client, if applicable, agree not to use the Content in the future.
Pricing is subject to change, without notice and customer must review pricing regularly to ensure they are kept up to date. RODARTS reserves the right to make adjustments due to changing market conditions, errors in advertisements and other extenuating circumstances.
The following apply to all purchases:
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Canada without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any claim or proceeding arising under or otherwise concerning this Agreement shall exclusively be brought in Canada and you consent to personal jurisdiction.
· No Assignment: This agreement is not assignable or transferable on the part of the USER.
· No waiver: No action of RODARTS , other than express written waiver, may be construed as a waiver of any provision of this Agreement.
This Agreement and the Invoice contains all the terms of the agreement between RODARTS and USER and no term or conditions may be added or deleted unless made in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms contained herein and the terms contained on any purchase order or other writing sent by USER, the terms of this Agreement shall be deemed to take precedence.
RodArts is a professional quality, web based creative content provider in words and images. We feature printed and digital books and photographic prints. All our materials are of the highest quality in both production, archival inks and papers and printing press output. The creative content is provided by photographer/writer/poet Roderick J. Stewart from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.